Microsoft and Bangalore UGs announced the Community TechDays a.k.a Xperience for Bangalore on 24th and 25th this month.
This event would be the right oppurtuinity to build real connections with Microsoft experts and community members, and gain the inspiration and skills needed to maximize your impact. What more… you can watch some of these sessions LIVE online from the comfort of your workstation as well.
In this Summit, I would be speaking on Managing Application Compatility in Windows 7 (Level 200)., where I intend to cover on these below topics.
1. Top Focus Areas when you are migrating from Windows XP/ Vista to Windows 7
- Operating System Version Changes
- Standard User / User Account Control (UAC)
- Windows Resource Protection (WRP)
- Internet Explorer 8 (Compatibility View, LCIE)
- Impacts of 64-bit Operating Systems (no 16 bit)
- Windows Filtering Platform
- Deprecations/GINA/Session 0 (High Impact/Low Frequency)
- File Libraries
2. Tools and Processes for Getting Incompatible Applications to Work.
- An introduction to ACT 5.5
- Applying Shims
- Standard User Analyzer
- Overview of ChangeBase AOK Tool
- Virtual XP Mode
3. Some Developer Guidelines to build Better applications
Topics which will not be Covered
As this topic is so vast, I will not be covering these below things in this session,
- Detailed usage of the ACT 5.5 Toolkit like DCP, Reporting, etc.
- Troubleshooting critical app-Compat issues with Shims
- IE Web apps Compat Issues
Please do let me know, if you have any specific questions or concepts to be covered. Let me see, if I can add them to this session, or host a seperate session in the UG meets.
Considering the Teched success, this event is also expected to be the biggest Microsoft Community event in India.