VMware introduces Horizon 6 (with View) to deliver virtualized and remoted desktops and applications through a single platform; supports end users with access to all of their Windows and online resources through one unified workspace. With Horizon 6 you can now deliver virtual or remoted desktops and applications to end users across devices, locations, media and connections.
VMware Horizon View simplifies IT management, increases security and control, reduces IT costs and increases end-user access and flexibility in Windows desktop services. A single management console streamlines traditional desktop management tasks into mere clicks, while granular levels of control allow IT to customize the user’s experience, access, and personalization to support corporate policy.
Horizon 6 provides IT organization with 6 core capabilities:
- Desktops and Applications Delivered through a Single Platform: Deliver virtual or remoted desktops and applications through a single platform to streamline management, easily entitle end users, and quickly deliver Windows desktops and applications to end users across devices and locations.
- A Unified Workspace with Great User Experience: Support easy access to desktops and applications – including RDS hosted applications, packaged applications with ThinApp, SaaS applications, and even virtualized applications from Citrix through a unified workspace with Blast Performance.
- Central Image Management for Physical, Virtual and BYO Devices: Centrally manage, patch and update images for virtual and physical PCs
- Closed-Loop Management and Automation: Streamline desktop and application provisioning, protect corporate assets and automate desktop reporting and troubleshooting
- Optimized for the Software-Defined Data Center: Horizon 6 allows you to leverage your expertise in VMware vSphere and is optimized for VMware® Virtual SAN™ to automate storage provisioning and drive down costs.
- Hybrid Cloud Delivery: Choose from an array of on premise or cloud-based deployment options.
Horizon 6 is available in 3 editions: Standard Edition delivering simple and powerful VDI with great user experience, Advanced Edition offering Low cost high-performance desktops and applications for physical and virtual machines; Enterprise Edition: Providing the highest level of automation and management for private cloud delivery.
Below are three ways to get started. Choose the method that best fits your needs and resources.
- Installation and Deployment Videos – View these instructional videos, then try the process yourself.
- Hands-On Labs Online – Even if you don’t have the equipment to perform an evaluation, it’s not a problem. Register for VMware’s Hands-On Labs, now available online.
- Do It Yourself – Download the Horizon (with View) trial evaluation now.