Nikon India introduced two brand-new CX-format lenses 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM and 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6, to help photographers capture the best images possible. 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM is a normal zoom lens and the 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 is world’s smallest and lightest super-telephoto zoom lens with an overwhelming 810mm equivalent (in 35mm format) angle of view.
Commenting on the announcement Mr. Hiroshi Takashina, Managing Director, Nikon India said “We are thrilled to enhance our NIKKOR lens line-up with these extraordinary zoom lenses that enable photographers to capture the best images possible from a distance and wide range of angles. These lightweight lenses respond to the demands of hobbyists, photography enthusiasts and advanced amateur photographers looking to achieve best quality images”. He added, “Nikon’s aim is to provide product and services that surpasses the demands of the consumer and in return give them an edge over the others.”
The 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM is a feature-packed slim CX format normal zoom lens covering 10-30mm range of focal length that provides a level of versatility to suit most photographers in a wide range of situations. This world’s lightest2 power-drive zoom equipped lens also supports electric power-drive zoom for smooth and comfortable movie recording. The 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 is a super-telephoto lens offering beautiful images from a distance. This lens is world’s smallest and lightest super-telephoto zoom lens covering a focal length from 70-300mm. This is the first 1 NIKKOR lens to include a focus-limit switch that enable faster AF operation which effectively captures fast-moving subjects at a distance.
1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM
- Versatility for a wide range of situations: This is a slim 3x CX format normal zoom lens that covers the 10-30mm range of focal lengths (angle of view equivalent to 27 to 81mm in 35mm format). The 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM offers a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.55x (equivalent in 35mm format) and a minimum focus distance of 20cm, providing a level of versatility to suit most photographers in a wide range of situations.
- Lightweight performance: The 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM measures approximately 58mm (maximum diameter) x 28mm3 and weighs just 85g, making it the world’s lightest4 power-drive zoom equipped lens to maintain the svelte, light portability of the V3. It also features a mechanism that retracts the lens when it is not in use, ensuring it remains compact for storage.
- No-fuss setup: The new model is the world’s first interchangeable lens equipped with a power-drive zoom to employ an electrically controlled lens cover, removing the need to attach and remove a lens cap. This eliminates risk of losing or misplacing the lens cap when shooting outdoors and makes it easier to quickly set up the perfect shot.
- Flawless video performance: The 1 NIKKOR lens has been designed with versatility in mind, and the electric power-drive zoom is ideal for smooth and comfortable movie recording. It also includes a zoom ring to enable the lens to feel more similar to an interchangeable model for photographers who prefer to not rely purely on the motor for zooming in to subjects.
- Price and Availability: This product will be available across India by end of April 2014 at an MRP of: 8,450 INR
1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6
- Compact yet powerful: This is the world’s smallest and lightest super-telephoto zoom lens1. The CX-format lens features a focal length from 70-300mm, which is equivalent to a lens with an approximately 189-810mm focal length in 35mm format.
- Faster setup for hard-to-get shots: It is the first 1 NIKKOR lens to include a focus-limit switch to enable faster AF operation by limiting the range of autofocus to the telephoto side only. This innovation makes it particularly effective for capturing fast-moving subjects at a distance or when the subject unintentionally moves out of the focus area as it helps prevent an out-of-focus image. This feature is especially convenient for sports photography where the distance to subjects changes quickly as it makes it easier to frame a shot. The extremely narrow angle of view provides powerful zoom and compression effects, while the shallow depth of field emphasizes the main subject with beautiful bokeh to draw more attention to the subject.
- Portable perfection: Like the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens, the super-telephoto model also features a mechanism that retracts the lens when it is not in use to make it easier to transport and store. Tipping the scales at approximately 550g, it is also light enough to pack when attending sporting events, or for nature and wildlife photography.
- No-compromise image quality: In another first for 1 NIKKOR lenses, the VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 also employs a Super ED glass element, which is only found on NIKKOR lenses, to reduce chromatic aberration as much as possible and provide clear, sharp images. It also includes Nano Crystal Coat, a technology originating from Nikon’s work in semiconductor manufacturing technology that works to effectively reduce flare and ghosting effects and offer the highest possible image quality.
- Price and Availability: This product will be available across India by end of April 2014 at an MRP of: 64,950 INR