A new Microsoft-funded IDC study (.pdf file) shows businesses that move to the cloud are freeing up time and money to invest in innovation and job creation. Among the study’s findings:
- Cloud computing will create nearly 14 million new jobs between 2011 and 2015.
- By 2015, business revenues from IT innovation enabled by the cloud could reach US$1.1 trillion a year.
- Cloud-related jobs will accrue evenly to businesses with 500 or fewer employees and those with more than 500 employees.
- More than one-third of cloud-enabled jobs will occur in the communications and media, banking, and discrete manufacturing industries.
For more information, see also the following related resources:
- Press Release: Cloud Computing to Create Millions of Jobs
- Blog Posts: The Cloud’s Role in Creating US Jobs , The Impact of Cloud Computing in Vertical Industries
- Data model: IDC Data: Worldwide Cloud-Related Jobs
For more related reading, have a look at these articles.