rPath, the service factory for on-demand IT, is sponsoring an upcoming webinar and in-depth discussion of the new blueprint for delivering IT as a service. This timely webinar will detail how IT organizations must transform and automate their processes to look like today’s industrial factories to accelerate and scale in the age of on-demand IT.
IT organizations are under pressure to transform—to replace bottlenecks and bureaucracy with on-demand IT service delivery models. But this transformation to IT-as-a-Service requires new thinking about old processes. The reality is that today’s manual and ad hoc IT provisioning and change processes will collapse under the weight of self-service, cloud and other on-demand IT models. Particularly vulnerable are today’s practices for constructing and changing system images.
- What: “How Manufacturing Practices Inform the Future of IT: The IT Leader’s Blueprint for the IT-as-a-Service Transformation” webinar
- Who: Brett Adam, vice president of engineering, rPath, Bernd Harzog, principal analyst, The Virtualization Practice
- When: Thursday, January 20, 2011; 2:00 p.m. Eastern time (11:00 a.m. Pacific time)
- How: Register for this free event here.
Attendees will learn to:
- Break the dependence on brittle, unmanageable and rapidly proliferating system images in favor of version-controlled system blueprints
- Identify process bottlenecks and vulnerabilities across the IT service chain
- Adopt best manufacturing practices of standardization, automation, mass customization and just-in-time delivery as the foundation for on-demand IT
- Leverage infrastructure investments in VMware, Red Hat, Microsoft and others as the foundation for a next-generation IT delivery model
You would also be interested in hearing to this conversation of mine with Jake on the Cloud Predictions in 2011.