Apple has just released the software update for their iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices. This update contains software improvements to the iPhone OS 4.0, including multi-tasking, folders, printing, and more. iOS 4.2 adds a number of features on top of iOS 4.1, but for iPad users, it will be the first version on their devices to support multitasking and folders.
- With AirPrint you can now print mail, photos, web pages, and more directly to a printer on a wireless network right from your iPad.
- With AirPlay, you will be now be able to wirelessly stream videos, music, and photos from iPad to the new Apple TV, and stream music to AirPlay speakers or receivers, including AirPort Express.
- With Game Center you can Send and receive friend requests, Invite friends to multi-player games over the Internet, Play multi-player games by auto-matching with other players, View Leaderboards and Achievements and Discover new games from friends.
- Even Better and Clean Email, where you can see messages from all your accounts in a unified inbox, organize messages by threads, and open attachments in third-party apps.
- With Multitasking you can run all your favorite apps and switch between them without slowing down the performance of the foreground app or draining the battery unnecessarily.
- You can also organize apps into folders with drag-and-drop simplicity and have a more organized way of using applications.
- You have an option now to highlight specific words and phrases on large web pages in Safari browser.
- The businesses can now take advantage of stronger security features, new device management capabilities, and improved enterprise integration.
- There are some accessibility enhancements which are made, so that you can control VoiceOver using a wireless keyboard. Output in braille to over 30 supported wireless Bluetooth refreshable braille displays in more than 25 languages.
- You also have Dictionary enhancements where, you can choose from more than 30 new keyboards and dictionaries, including Arabic, Greek, and Hebrew.
For feature descriptions and complete instructions, see the user guides for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch at: