HDFC Bank is starting with the Apple Watch and aims to provide banking services through all wearable devices across platforms like iOS and Android Wear.
Features of HDFC Bank Watch Banking
HDFC Bank will provide a total of 10 banking transactions in the current launch phase. Some of them being View Account Information, Bill Payments, Recharges, Hotlisting facilities, locate nearest branch/ATM/offer, request statement/chequebook etc. Moreover, HDFC Bank’s WatchBanking does not require our customers to download a separate App. Customers can activate WatchBanking from an upgraded version of HDFC Bank’s MobileBanking App itself!
Security features and how will it work?
HDFC Bank brings in the same level of high security of its Mobile Banking App to its Watch Banking experience.
- Any user information or data flow that happens, it if from the mobile phone to the bank’s secure servers. The watch is merely a projection device
- For added security, there is a watch banking PIN that the user himself sets during the one time set-up process. This can be done only after entering his customer id and password known only to the user.
- Additionally the Apple watch itself has a passcode lock just like other iOS devices.
Features in the Current Release
- View all A/c Information – Savings, Current, Fixed Deposits, Demat, Mutual Funds, Credit Cards
- Recharge Mobile and DTH
- Request A/c Statement
- Request Cheque book
- Locate nearest ATM
- Locate nearest Branch
- View discount offers
- Call the Bank
- Hotlist Debit Card
- View Messages from the bank
There are few other features which are expected to hit the watch-banking app soon.
- Pay bills of pre-added billers
- Pay bills through active notifications
- Get notified about offers based on your location