This guide is great for any enterprise who wants to deploy, manage, or troubleshoot the installation of Silverlight version 1-4 in their corporation. The previous version 2 of the guide has more than 100,000 completed downloads to date.
The major new additions since the previous versions of the guide are:
- Deploying and managing Silverlight out of browser (OOB) applications
- Links to the Updated Group policies and template (ADMX/L files) which includes new capabilities to lockdown:
- Silverlight Trusted Applications — allows users to install out-of-browser applications via the Install dialog
- WebCam and Microphone — allows webpages/applications to access the microphone and webcam
- UDP Multicast Networking — allows webpages/applications to do UDP multicast networking
- Updated the verbiage to include Silverlight 4 and new system requirements