Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) User Guide
This user guide shows step-by-step instructions for how to register, view account details, download products and more from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC). It also includes screenshots, technical support information, and a glossary. Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) User Guide.
Download Volume Activation Management Tool 2.0 (Beta)
Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT) 2.0 (Beta) is a managed MMC plug-in with support for Office 2010 Beta. Administrators may use it to manage volume editions of Windows and Office 2010 Beta installed with a Key Management Service (KMS) client key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). A convenient command line interface (CLI) allows automated, scheduled VAMT tasks without UI interaction.
Manage Activation Using VAMT 2.0
VAMT can be an important tool to help you centrally manage and automate a range of activities related to Windows activation. Core benefits of VAMT include:
- The ability to protect product keys by retaining them only in the VAMT console, vs. including a key in an image or distributing it in plain text
- Perform activations without each system having to connect and activate with Microsoft activation services
- Inventory and monitor systems in the environment from an activation and licensing standpoint VAMT enables you to remotely activate managed systems. You can perform MAK, KMS host, KMS client, and retail activations. VAMT uses WMI to remotely manage activations and other related tasks on managed systems. VAMT also can assist with license compliance, letting you monitor license state for the systems under management
Product Activation Using VAMT 2.0
This document explains how to perform the following activation-related tasks using VAMT 2.0: 1. Discover computers and installed products 2. Remotely install a product key on those products 3. Remotely complete typical product activations that you might use in your environment—online, proxy, and Key Management Service (KMS) client activation 4. Save the Computer Information List, and perform local reactivations using that list These tasks can be performed for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Office 2010 client suites and applications, Visio 2010 and Project 2010 clients.
Manage Product Keys Using VAMT 2.0
VAMT helps adminsitrators to manage keys acquired through a Microsoft volume license agreement, subscription programs such as MSDN, TechNet or Microsoft Partner Network, or the retail channel. VAMT 2.0 enables management of the following product key types, for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Office 2010 client suites and applications, Visio 2010 and Project 2010:
- Key Management Service (KMS) host keys (CSVLK)
- KMS client setup keys
- Multiple Activation Key keys (MAK)
- Retail keys
Reporting Activation Information Using VAMT 2.0
VAMT 2.0 can be used to track and report activation data for Windows operating systems activated using Key Management Service (KMS), Multiple Activation Keys (MAK), and retail keys. VAMT 2.0 supports Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008, Office 2010 client suites and applications, Visio 2010 and Project 2010 clients. VAMT can provide information on license status, and whether installed software is genuine. This information also can help you with license compliance. VAMT can be used in addition to any tool you already may be using for the purpose of software asset management or license management.