VMST 3.0 helps customers reduce IT costs by making it easier to update their offline virtual machines, templates and virtual hard disks with the latest operating system and application patches—without introducing vulnerabilities into their IT infrastructure. Using VMST 3.0, customers can also keep users productive during updates and maintenance of physical hosts: VMST 3.0 now automates the servicing of Windows Server 2008 R2 failover clusters running Hyper-V—leveraging live migration.
VMST 3.0 helps customers more effectively—and safely—manage the workflow of updating their offline virtualization environment. Using VMST 3.0, customers can now service:
- Offline virtual machines in a SCVMM library.
- Stopped and saved state virtual machines on a host.
- Virtual machine templates.
- Offline virtual hard disks in a SCVMM library by injecting update packages.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V host clusters.
The Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 3.0 is now in beta until May. Want to give you an advance look at VMST 3.0, and a chance to provide feedback so it best meets their needs? Join the beta program! Here’s the link.
On 11th May, TechNet is also doing a Webcast on Understanding the Microsoft Offline Virtual Machine Servicing Tool. You can Register for the same!
You would be also interested in reading –
- Free Ebook – Understanding Microsoft Virtualization R2 Solutions from Microsoft Press
- Work with Virtual Hard disk(.vhd) files in Windows 7