For most of the world’s large enterprises, the migration to Windows 7 is already underway. This is emphatically not the ‘wait and see’ attitude we experienced with Vista. And every expert agrees: the main step to getting your application estate over to Windows 7 is tackling application compatibility.
With that in mind, The App-DNA team has brought together three of the very best experts to discuss the migration and application compatibility issues you’re about to face as you move your organization to Windows 7 – along with App-V, 64-bit or server-based computing.
These are three heavy-hitters who have seen more migrations than most:
- Chris Jackson, Microsoft’s famous ‘App-Compat Guy’
- Andy Wray, head of the Microsoft Practice at HP
- Paul Schnell, CTO of App-DNA, the app-compat pioneers
In this short, powerful video, moderated by leading tech journalist Cliff Saran, you’ll hear:
- Why enterprises are moving to Windows 7 so soon
- Why Service Pack 1 isn’t delaying the market
- Why this is the ideal opportunity to optimize your desktops
- The new record for number of apps in one enterprise (the old record was 91,000!)
- Why app compatibility is THE #1 challenge
- What the main stumbling blocks are for the apps that will struggle to migrate
- How you can emerge from this migration with much better app management processes
- Where virtualization, 64-bit and server-based computing fit in
You can watch this video here – The Journey to Windows 7
I would recommend you also read the Complete Application Compatibility Series
- Part 1: How do you fix the OS Version Number Issues?
- Part 2: How do you Fix Browser Compatiblity Issues?
- Part 3: Demystifying the Windows 7 Virtual XP Mode
- Part 4: Session 0 Isolation and Secure Desktop
- Part 5: Libraries, UAC, WRP and other Core Changes