Long-time Visual Studio developers understand that the Visual Studio Installer (VSI) tool is not ideal for most installation projects. It may look OK at first glance, but you soon realize VSI has many deficiencies, including:
- Can’t manage components and features
- Can’t customize dialog boxes
- Can’t validate MSIs for Microsoft® Logo Guidelines
- Limited support for custom actions
- Can’t create updates and patches
Watch this Webinar from Flexera software to learn best practices for building reliable Windows Installer (MSI) installations inside the Visual Studio 2010 interface. Long-time Visual Studio developers understand that the Visual Studio Installer (VSI) tool is not ideal for most installation projects.
This Webinar explains how the world’s top software companies build reliable MSI installations inside Visual Studio 2010 using InstallShield. If you use Visual Studio 2010 to develop applications – and especially if you work in a large enterprise-level development environment – this Webinar is for you.
Learn best practices for building reliable Windows Installer (MSI) installations inside the Visual Studio® 2010 interface.
- Webinar: Best Practices for Building Installations in Visual Studio 2010
- Presenter: Robert Dickau, Flexera Software
- Date: Available now for viewing
View this webinar now : Click here
PS: You will need to enter your contact information, looks more for product marketting purpose!
You would also be interested in reading –
- How do you create a Minor Upgrade for an application using InstallShield?
- Redistributing Application Components using Merge Modules
- Command Line Switches for MSI and MSP Installations
- Windows Installer FAQs
- Did you know these Windows Installer File Types?