Microsoft Tech-Ed India 2010 is the premier technology event of the year for IT professionals and developers. It’s the forum to learn, connect, explore, and evolve. I would recommend you to attend this event, because you will learn about today’s cutting-edge trends, thereby enhancing your work profile and getting ahead of the rest. But the most important benefit of all just might be the networking opportunity that this forum will provide you… you can build personal connections with Microsoft experts and peers that will last far beyond this event!
It feels good to share the information that, I will be speaking at this year’s event!
As a part of the premier talk, I will be doing a Level 300 session on “Overcoming the application compatibility hurdle in Windows 7” – April 13th 12.30 to 13.30
This session will outline these below points –
- Core OS changes which the Windows 7 Operating System has undergone and how it would affect the Line of Business applications.
- Top focus areas when you move to Win 7 from Windows XP and Vista.
- Brief explanation on the various methods to mitigate the compatibility issues.
- Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.5 – Basics, Setup Instructions, explaining the ACT reports, Standard User Analyzer and Shims.
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization Solutions like Remote Application Hosting, Virtualize Applications and Desktop Virtualization.
- We will also look at some of the simple steps to fix these broken applications using Compat modes, Shims and Windows XP Mode.
Apart from this, I will also be doing a Chalk Talk session and will be involved in a Group Discussion (Community Track)
Chalk Talk – Let’s Service an OS Image offline using DISM Utility – April 12th 2010 – 14.00 to 14.30
This session will not have any slide decks in it., It will be demos and demos only! We will see the Capabilities of the DISM tool which was introduced in Windows 7. and how can it make an IT Pro administrator’s life easy. This session will also showcase how to mount a Wim Image and customize the OS image offline like, Add drivers to it, remove folder permissions and how to enable/disable OS features!
Panel Discussion – Power Windows 7 Users – April 14th 2010 – 14:30 to 15:00
I will be a part of the discussion session along with Manan, Allen and few other MVPs discussing on the features and enhancements which Windows as an operating system has undergone. The talk would focus more on Windows 7 Image backup, Action center, DISM, UAC, troubleshooters, USB tool, XP Mode, Quick fix tools for Windows, IE 8 usability, Tools like WinDirStat and EasyBCD, RT Se7ev etc.
Thanks again for all the support you have been giving me., Hope these sessions go on well.!
All Speaker Profiles – http://www.microsoftteched.in/speakers.aspx