If one of your servers went down today, would you know about it? Probably. But if an obscure service on a small server that is part of a much larger solution started transacting at a slower rate than normal, would you? Perhaps not. If that obscure service is responsible for a critical activity in your business, its slight reduction in performance might be a big deal that you need to know about!
The Definitive Guide to Application Performance Management offers a comprehensive look at Application Performance Management (APM), an industry-leading mechanism for monitoring business services and applications. APM looks at every facet of the IT infrastructure, from the services to the users themselves, to gain a holistic understanding of what’s going on in your business applications. Using APM, you can quickly dive into the root causes of problems within your infrastructure. You will understand the level of impact associated with those problems, and will recognize and quantify the overall health of your IT infrastructure and business services.
This Guide covers these following chapters,
- What is Application Performance Management?
- How APM Aligns IT with the Business
- Understanding APM Monitoring
- Integrating APM into Your Infrastructure
- Understanding the End User’s Perspective
- APM’s Service-Centric Monitoring Approach
- Developing and Building APM Visualizations
- Seeing APM in Action
- APM Enables Business Service Management
- The APM Cheat Sheet
About the Author –
Greg Shields is an independent author, instructor, and IT consultant based in Denver, Colorado, and a co-founder of Concentrated Technology. With nearly 15 years of experience in information technology, Greg has developed extensive experience in systems administration, engineering, and architecture specializing in Microsoft systems management, remote application, and virtualization technologies. Greg is a Contributing Editor and Columnist for TechNet Magazine, and is the author of five books, including Windows Server 2008: What’s New / What’s Changed. Greg is also a highly sought-after instructor and speaker, speaking regularly at conferences like TechMentor Events, and producing computer-based training curriculum for CBT Nuggets. Greg is a recipient of Microsoft “Most Valuable Professional” award with a specialization in Windows Terminal Services.
Download the Definitive Guide to Application Performance Management here
Note: You will need to create a profile in Realtime Nexus (The Digital Library for IT Pros) when you click the above link.
Courtesy: Realtime Nexus Alerts
You would also be interested in downloading these ebooks:
- Understanding Microsoft Virtualization R2 Solutions from Microsoft Press
- The Shortcut Guide to Centralized SharePoint Administration
- The Shortcut Guide to Data Center Energy Efficiency
- Ebook on Applications for Developers and Solution Architects
- Complete ebook – Using e-Documents for Collaboration