The Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) enables software developers, independent software vendors (ISVs), and IT professionals who work in a corporate environment to determine, before rolling out within the organization, whether their applications are compatible with a new version of the Windows® operating system. ACT also enables such individuals to determine how an update to the new version will impact their applications.
You can use the ACT features to:
- Verify your application’s, device’s, and computer’s compatibility with a new version of the Windows operating system, including determining your risk assessment.
- Verify a Windows update’s compatibility, including determining your risk assessment.
- Become involved in the ACT Community, including sharing your risk assessment with other ACT users.
- Use the provided developer and test tools to test your Web applications and Web sites for compatibility with new releases and security updates to Internet Explorer®, to determine potential compatibility issues due to the User Account Control (UAC) feature, to create compatibility fixes for your application compatibility issues, and to determine any potential application installation and setup issues.
Localized Documentation for the Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.5 (ACT 5.5) is now available in 10 Languages for your reference!!
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Deutsch (German)
- Français (French)
- Español (Spanish)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- 汉语 (Chinese – Mainland)
- 汉语 – 台灣 (Chinese – Taiwan)
- Italiano (Italian)
- русский язык (Russian)
- Português (Portuguese – Brazil)