The method of changing videos from one form to another is known as video conversion. A video’s format includes its resolution, video and audio codecs (such as H.264 and AAC), aspect ratio (such as 4:3 or 16:9), bit rate, and container format (like MP4, MOV, and others).
If a video’s original context doesn’t fit on a target system (e.g., a computer or a mobile phone) or with a certain delivery medium (e.g., a website or social platform), it has to be changed. It’s also possible that videos would need to be compressed to minimize file size for faster uploading, processing, or replay.
You may need to convert a video for the following reasons:
- You have a video file that your device won’t play because of its format or codec.
- Someone requests that you submit a video in.MP4 format, but your file is in.MOV format.
- You want to use your mobile to save and run a DVD or a big movie disc.
- You’d like to send an email with a video that exceeds the email attachment’s specified limit.
- You want to transform a video so that it can be uploaded to YouTube more quickly.
How to Convert Using Movavi Video Converter?
Movavi Video Converter is an effective tool for converting MOV files to MP4 without reducing efficiency. Other than conversion, the software allows you to resize, tilt, and cut your frames, modify color settings, alter video quality and bitrate, and include subtitles.
Movavi Video Converter makes video conversion much easier by allowing you to pick from 200 presets for various popular scenarios. It transforms a wide variety of formats and codecs into more compatible, widely used formats and codecs.
Follow the steps below to convert your video using the Movavi Video Converter:
Step 1: Installation
Go to the official website. You will see the following image.
Download the software file for your preferred operating system, that is, Windows or Mac. Once downloaded, run the installation according to the instructions.
Step 2: Prepare to Convert Media
On opening the software, you’ll see an ‘Add Media’ button on the screen’s upper-left side. On clicking it, an ‘Add Video’ button drops just below it. Select it. Retrieve the MOV files you would like to convert to MP4 and press ‘Open’ to connect them to the application.
Step 3: Choose an Output Format
Click the ‘Video’ button to see the available video formats. Identify the MP4 presets folder and choose the one you want.
Step 4: Video Editing (Optional)
You’ll see an ‘Edit’ option on the right side of the file information section. Click it to make modifications to the videos before converting to another format. A new screen would open with a set of tabs. To decrease instability in your recording, go to the Stabilization tab and experiment with the various choices.
Select the ‘Audio’ tab to adjust the video’s sound settings or reduce any background disturbances. You may change the intensity, brightness, and other metrics in the ‘Adjustments’ section. Additions such as effects, watermarks, and subtitles can also be included in the video through different tabs. ‘Crop,’ ‘Rotate,’ and ‘Trim’ are tabs for cutting video corners, rotating video, and trimming away unwanted parts.
Step 5: MOV File Compression (Optional)
The application can compress large MOV file sizes and then be converted to the MP4 format. To do this, select the file size in the output information. Make the adjustments according to your requirements by dragging the sliders. You can check out the outcome of the file by clicking on the ‘Convert sample’ option.
Step 6: File Conversion
To begin the conversion, select the ‘Convert’ option. Batch conversion is supported by the software, allowing you to transcode several files at once. Once the conversion has been completed successfully, the folder with the output files will open.
For more information, you can check out this article.
How to Convert Using CloudConvert?
The MOV to MP4 converter on CloudConvert makes it easy to convert MOV files to MP4 online. Below are the steps you can follow to convert your file:
Step 1: Open CloudConvert
Go to the official website of CloudConvert. Open CloudConvert’s MOV to MP4 converter, locate your MOV film, and press the “Select File” option.
Step 2: Convert
Select press ‘Convert’ to begin the MOV to MP4 conversion.
Step 3: Download
Now select the ‘Download’ button to save your file in MP4 format.
Movavi Video Converter
Movavi is the perfect video editor for beginners. Below are the advantage and disadvantages of the subject video converter:
The plus points of using Movavi Video Converter are:
- The converter is simple to use. The left sidebar contains many of the essential menus. Several of them can be seen above the timeline.
- It is a fast program. If your machine has 4 GB of RAM, you won’t find a better tool than Movavi because all other options require a minimum of 8 GB of RAM.
- Supports all major file formats (WMV, MP4, AVI, H.264, 3GP) and WMA to MP3 conversion.
- One hundred eighty portable devices are supported.
- The converter offers a premium-looking dashboard.
- Great customer support.
The drawbacks of the Movavi converter are:
- There isn’t a lot of color control. There’s a good chance you’ll get some simple color settings.
- The free trial isn’t that great. Movavi only offers a seven-day free trial. The first restriction is that the exported video would have a watermark on it. It will not import the whole video, and consequently, you’ll have clips missing.
CloudConvert offers video converting services online. Below are the advantage and disadvantages of the subject video converter:
The plus points of using CloudConvert are:
- There is no need to download the application. This option is great for users with low storage space in their devices.
- The converter’s price is affordable.
- Good and fast conversion services are provided.
- The web interface is user-friendly and simple to operate.
- There are a plethora of high-quality file transfer options available.
- Famous cloud providers are supported.
- Batch conversion is supported.
The drawbacks of CloudConvert are:
- Free use is limited to 25 conversions a day.
- Since the application is online, you may face hassles if your Internet connection is not stable.
The Movavi Video Converter is a great option if you need to convert unlimited and large MOV files to the MP4 video format. It is one of the best video converter apps because of its powerful new features and excellent speed. The application’s interface is user-friendly. It offers great editing options, has efficient adjustment settings, and the output files are of high quality.
On the contrary, if you are looking for a more affordable option and are running low on-device storage, the CloudConvert application would be suitable for you. CloudConvert is a versatile online file converter that allows you to convert virtually every file without the need for several programs to be installed. It’s free, clean, stable, dependable, and effective, so it’s well worth the cost.