Amazon announced Amazon Inspire, a free service for the search, discovery and distribution of digital educational resources. Amazon Inspire will help teachers discover and share free, quality digital educational resources. Teachers from around the U.S are being invited to support learning and teaching in the digital classroom; to help Amazon’s support of the U.S. Department of Education’s #GoOpen initiative.
This campaign encourages states, school districts and educators to use openly licensed educational materials to transform teaching and learning. Amazon Inspire is in the beta stage and is ready for teachers to use and provide feedback. If you’re a teacher, then you can request an early access here.
Amazon Inspire Features
- Smart search — With smart search, teachers can explore resources by grade level, standard or even from a particular district. Educators can filter search results using more than 10 criteria to find great resources that best fit their needs.
- Collections — Educators can group resources into collections. They can describe the collection, curate the resources in it, recommend an order for going through the resources and share the collection with other teachers.
- Simple upload — Amazon Inspire offers an easy to use and intuitive upload interface. Educators can drag and drop files they want to share, add basic metadata such as title, description, grade and subject, and publish the content on the service, all in a few minutes.
- Customer reviews — Teachers can rate and review resources on Amazon Inspire, helping their colleagues around the country select the best resources for their needs.
- Accessibility support — Amazon Inspire has built in accessibility features. For example, educators can navigate Amazon Inspire using popular screen readers and users are also able to indicate the accessibility features of resources they upload.
In addition to teachers sharing innovative instructional resources on Amazon Inspire, publishers and other content developers are contributing digital educational resources to the service.