If you are using Microsoft Office on Mac, this message is for you! Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office for Mac 2011. As always, this update provides the latest fixes to Office for Mac 2011. Additionally, it also contains stability and reliability improvements..!
Before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.2 update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
Download the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2 (14.2.0) here
Key Improvements from this Update –
- Enables users to view and access documents that are located in the root level of a SkyDrive folder.
- Adds a drag-and-drop feature for files in Document Connection in Mac OS X 10.7.
- Fixes an issue in which you receive the following error message when you upload a file to a SharePoint site – Upload Failed You must sign in to save your changes to the server.
- Fixes an issue in which the Italian grammar checker does not check a complete document.
- Fixes an issue in which the German grammar checker does not check a complete document when the document contains certain German sentences.
- Includes fixes that increase the robustness of the database and that improve the effectiveness of the rebuild utility. Outlook for Mac uses the Office database to store personal information, such as messages and contacts. This update fixes issues that cause database corruptions, instability, and crashes. This update also improves database transactions and the ability to recover from certain errors. If there is a problem within the database, Outlook for Mac starts the Database Utility, which tries to rebuild the database. After you install this update, the Database Utility recovers additional account information, such as shared resources and categories, and recovers from corruption scenarios. This update also adds the ability to cancel a database rebuild in Outlook for Mac.
- Once you install this update, Outlook for Mac updates new messages in IMAP folders regularly. Additionally, Outlook for Mac users who use Gmail accounts can map folders, such as Drafts, Deleted Items, Sent Items, and Junk E-Mail, automatically.
- This update introduces a new sync model for Exchange. The new model enables Outlook for Mac to download an email message in parts. For example, Outlook for Mac first downloads and displays message text and then downloads large images and attachments. Downloading messages in parts reduces the load on the Exchange server and improves performance for the user.
- This update improves support for calendar scheduling resources and for free/busy comparison functionality in the Scheduling Assistant.
- This update enables you to expand distribution lists into individual members when you add a distribution list in the To field or rest the mouse pointer on a distribution list.
- This update introduces functionality that enables you to paste special hyperlinks in PowerPoint.
- This update supports Full Screen View in PowerPoint. Additionally, when you close slide show mode in PowerPoint, edit mode opens.
For the complete list of fixes that are included in the Office for Mac 14.2 update, download this .xls file.